Joanne C. Tiedmann, Town Clerk and Registrar of Vital Statistics
Certified Connecticut Town Clerk
50 Cemetery Rd., Warren, CT 06754
860-868-7881 xt 101
Office hours: Monday & Thursday 9 AM-1 PM, Tuesday & Wednesday 9 AM-4 PM. Closed Friday
The duties and responsibilities of the Town Clerk are governed by State Statute. Responsibilities and duties of the Town Clerk include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recording documents related to real estate transactions and maintaining indexes of such records.
- Collection of conveyance taxes on real estate transactions.
- Filing and maintaining survey maps, trade names, military discharges and notary public certificates.
- Posting notices of meetings and filing minutes and notices from Boards and Commissions as required by Freedom of Information laws.
- Issuance of Absentee Ballots and assistance with elections and registration of voters.
- Issuance of marriage licenses and certified copies of vital records (birth, marriage, death).
- Annual registration of dogs.
- Sales of sports licenses.
Warren uses the Northwest Probate Court which is located in the Litchfield Town Hall, Town Office Bldg, 74 West St., PO Box 505, Litchfield, CT 06759-0505. Tel . 860-567-8065, Fax 860-567-2538. Hours: Monday-Friday 9 AM-5 PM.